when i read these verses the first time, the voice in my head somehow became that of a caring, loving father (imagine the voice of president monson when he gets to the touching part of a story). it was as if heavenly father was speaking to me sweetly in my mind.
29. But if from thence1 thou shalt seek the Lord thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart an with all thy soul.
30. When thou art in tribulation and all these things2 are come upon thee, even in the latter days, if thou turn3 to the Lord thy God, and shalt be obedient unto his voice;
31. (For the Lord thy God is a merciful God4;) he will not forsake thee5, neither destroy thee, nor forget the covenant6 of thy fathers with he sware unto them.
1. we can change! we can start today. we can decide to start seeking God now and he will be there despite anything that happened in the past.
2. "all these things"=trials, stress, feelings of being overwhelmed, failures, lists of things to do
3. change your course so it leads to His kingdom. imagery of a child turning into her father's chest for comfort.
4. He loves you! He wants to see you succeed. He wants you to return to him. pleasant reminder that He is on your side!
5. He will never ignore you or abandon you.
6. the covenants you have made with Him (baptism, temple), the blessing promised through priesthood blessings, the blessings promised through the scriptures
in honor of valentine's day, and following my relief society president's example, i studied (after reading from the book of mormon) the word "heart" in the scriptures. this is the first scripture i found. i cannot wait to search again tomorrow morning.