01 March 2013

let's start at the very beginning

I've brainstormed a slew of changes I can make toward being more mindful. Just as I became overwhelmed thinking over the myriad ways I'd like to improve, I become paralyzed by the thought of instituting so many changes at once. So, I'll go through them one-by-one, testing them out, assessing how they help me.

One of the first changes that popped into my head was to establish a better sleep schedule for myself (and Baby A). I feel so much better when I rise early. I feel much more grounded when my day has a predawn kick-off.

I am certain it will sound extreme to most, but I like to get up around 5 am. Most days Cody tries to get up around then and A usually feeds at that time, so it works well for me. I can feed the babe, put him back down, then exercise, study scriptures, and plan out my day before he is up again. But, many nights I opt to stay up later than I should, enjoying a sitcom with Cody or trying to cross a few more items off of my to-do list. I sabotage myself and make it near impossible to get going at the hour I'd like to.

I'm changing this.

Mindful Change #1: Establish a healthy sleep schedule. Early to bed, early to rise.

1 comment:

.the sharps said...

Jade! This is the biggest trial I am currently having. I'm glad to know I'm not alone. Thanks for sharing and let me know how it goes. I'll work on it!